This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
The club was formed in October 2006. Its sole purpose is to encourage and support anyone in the Scottish Borders area in pursuing their interest in woodturning at whatever level.
Many of our members have come from the woodturning evening classes run through the Borders College in Galashiels. At the end of the course they've thought, "What next?" and they miss the regular contact of like-minded individuals. Other members have come to us along other paths.
Some of us have our own lathe and workshop, some do not. Everyone has enthusiasm, curiosity and above all else, a love of working with wood.
The club offers many activities and advantages including:
• Access to all club equipment, including lathes, bandsaw, bowl-saver and Sorby tool-sharpening equipment during “hands-on” nights.
• Regular demonstrations by professional and semi-professional demonstrators,
• Regular raffles offering woodturning related prizes,
• Access to the club’s own library of books and DVDs.
• The chance to talk about all things “wood” without boring your family and friends rigid!
Follow us on Social Media: